how i’ve pined for this moment in time. late august seems a myriad of moments that never end. a golden wish to perpetuate the wild and unabashed extension of ourselves we know as summer. i’ve watched this moment roll in and out of my dreams, and watched my dreams roll in and out of my realities. it’s a comforting feeling to be here, even in the sweltering bouts of heat. a fruition of sorts, and a time meant for revelry with kin. be it today, amongst late summer bounty and boundless beauty, that i’m sharing a favorite way, with so many beautiful and talented others, to #drinkthesummer.
be sure to take a moment to kiss sherrie and renee and thank them for inventing this celebration of libation and love. and then check out the rest of the participants. summer vibrations ten fold, as well a reason to get closer to that sun. ☀ ☀ ☀
i’ll be back to nurturing this space regularly very soon, things are finally starting to slow down and i’ve lovely things to share.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1½ cups of fennel stalk, chopped
- 1 cup strawberries, hulled and halved
- ¼ cup lime juice
- sparkling water for serving
- in a medium saucepan combine the sugar and water. heat slowly to dissolve. add the fennel stalk and softly simmer uncovered for 5 minutes. remove saucepan from heat, cover, and steep the fennel an additional 15 minutes.
- strain fennel from the saucepan and reserve syrup.
- in a blender combine strawberries and lime juice and process until smooth.
- to make a drink add 1 oz of fennel syrup, 1 oz of strawberry mixture, and 4 oz of sparkling water to a glass with ice.